This Week’s BLLA Commentary
Hospitality and tech. A topic that deserves to be highly discussed. And is. With our annual investment conference fresh on the brain, and the big HFTP (Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals) slowly but surely approaching, the status of technology as it pertains to the boutique, lifestyle, and lodging industries is definitely the source of buzz.
Kicking off with more press from our very own Boutique Hotel Investment Conference, here is what’s currently happening in the hotel tech world:
- BLLA Conference touts boutique hotels’ faster technology adoption at annual investment conference
- Buying the right technology can increase a hotel assets value
- Beekeeper Adds SIXTY Hotels to Its Portfolio
- Operational communication platform is helping the brand’s five iconic urban hotels increase employee engagement and build a strong culture
- Amazon launches Alexa for Hospitality
- Amazon’s first official foray into the travel industry for a few years is here, with Alexa for Hospitality bringing the voice-activated device into hotel rooms
- Enterprise software companies Intelity and Keypr on Monday announced a merger in an effort to combine resources to serve hotels and other businesses.
- The companies will combine by September and be called Intelity. Its main focus will remain the hotel industry, with its electronic door locks, mobile apps for guests and employees, and other services. But it will also offer software support services to cruise ships, hospitals, condominiums, and other property owners.
View the video coverage of the tech-focused panel at 2018’s Boutique Hotel Investment Conference hosted by your favorite boutique association 😉