As the authority on the modern boutique movement, we see it as our duty at BLLA to survey our network of hospitality vets each year to gain an accurate read on the direction of our industry. We look to the executives powering the latest boutique trends to relay their visions and needs for the future. Our fervent activity in the community perfectly positions us to gather accurate, invaluable information on the sector, and relay our findings and help boutique break even more boundaries.
Some of our stand out take-aways include the following:
- The majority of those surveyed relayed an intention to focus on design and art in order to ensure their property stands out from the rest of the pack.
- 100% of respondents had plans for expansion — 80% set their expansion to happen within six months.
- Sales and marketing activities remain the most demanding part of operational expenditures.
- Enterprise software companies Intelity and Keypr on Monday announced a merger in an effort to combine resources to serve hotels and other businesses.
- In contrast with the year before, half of the hoteliers surveyed listed Food and Beverage profits as accounting for up to 20% of their total revenue.
The above bites of information and so much more can be found in the complete 2018 Boutique Hotelier Sentiment Survey. This year’s survey can be purchased by following this link. With growing interest in BLLA’s annual Sentiment Survey, we are offering it for purchase for the first time. Attendees to the Investment Conference receive a complimentary copy as it is included in the Stay Boutique™ Magazine. Click here to purchase the 2018 Boutique Hotelier Sentiment Survey by BLLA.
Be sure to keep a watchful eye as we will be circulating next years survey in the coming months!